Saturday, December 17, 2011

Buttercream Frosting

It's nearly Christmas! My favorite time of the year.
It hasn't snowed yet, though, and it's really starting to weird me out. I honestly can't remember a Christmas without snow, and it's looking like that is going to happen.
Since there is no snow on the ground, and it's not even freezing cold, I'm not really sure I believe Christmas is only 6 days away.

I thought, to get myself in the Christmas spirit I would make some Christmas-y cupcakes for my awesome co-workers. They like when I bake, and I like when people tell me how awesome my treats are. ;-)

So I thought while showing off pictures of my creations, I'd throw in a recipe for the buttercream I always make. It's pretty stellar if I do say so myself.

Firstly, the picture I posted to Facebook entitled "My Saturday Night".
Looks fun, doesn't it?? I had an awful day at work, and working on these calmed me right down!

First I made some Christmas trees


Then I made a few santa's and added some swirled red and green.


Adorable!

So, to make buttercream.

2 sticks of butter
1 cup shortening
1 bag powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk (usually don't use all of it)
1 tsp vanilla or any other flavor you want to use
1 tsp salt

Cream together butter and shortening until mixed, add in powdered sugar a little at a time, cream until blended. Add in vanilla and salt. Slowly add milk until you get the desired consistency.

Voila. Simple as that.
Go bake something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment