Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baked Oven Fries

Well, here we are, folks. My very first recipe that isn't a dessert!
Granted, it's only my second post, but it's still neat.

So on Sunday I was at Jon's parents house. He and his dad were doing something or another on the computer. I could have fallen asleep on the chair, but Julie said, "Hey, lets look at cookbooks!"
So we did.
She has 2 very large binders filled, and 2 stacks of other cookbooks. I was excited.
I have quite a few new recipes to try... this one looked fabulous though.

This is what we started with



That picture shows 3 potatoes. This is good if you want to feed a bunch of people. I cut up 1 1/2, and that was plenty. But I didn't re-take a picture. Sorry.
So I cut them into pretty thin strips. Like this

And then I added a bunch of seasoning and it looked like this!
And then I baked them in the oven, along with some chicken, and they looked like this!

They were fantastic. Could have been a bit thicker, but I love crispy fries, so it was a win to me!

So the ingredients:
1-2 potatoes
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Garlic salt
1 tbsp Rosemary leaves
1 tbsp Oregano leaves
1 tbsp ground thyme
2 tbsp Red pepper flakes
just a pinch of sugar, adds crispyness and stuff

And how to do it:
Preheat Oven to 450, and also put the baking sheet in to be preheated
Cut the potatoes in half, then in half again, and again, until you get your desired thickness
drizzle in the olive oil and mix it around to coat all potatoes
dump on all the seasonings, and mix again
Put on preheated baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for an addition 15 minutes.

Enjoy them, just like Jon did

0 comments:

Post a Comment