Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chicken "Nuggets"

When my brother and I were kids, my mom made awesome food. (well, she still does!)
One of my favorites, was when she made chicken nuggets.  I think I remember how she made them. Something with Parmesan cheese and chicken... and then they were fried. I think that was all the ingredients she used, but I can't really remember. This was a long time ago!

For the past few nights, my brother has been staying over. His roommate was gone, and he gets lonely (awww..) so he stayed with Jon and I. He played a lot of video games with Jon, I played with them occasionally. Friday night, we needed dinner, but didn't know what we wanted.
Then I thought of moms chicken nuggets.

So Jesse and I set off to cook together. Lots of fun was had by all.
The recipe is simple, these are the ingredients


So we mixed up the breadcrumbs, the Parmesan, and the cayenne.

And I dunked them in eggs, rolled them in the breadcrumb mix, and Jesse fried them. Jon snuck this picture. I thought it was cute.
Fryin'


And done!
We had stuffing and corn with them. It was a fabulous dinner.


So recipe!

2 eggs
2 large chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cayenne pepper (optional)

Crack the eggs, scramble them up
Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and cayenne pepper on a plate. 
Cut the chicken into slightly bigger than bitesize chunks, dip into eggs and then roll in breadcrumb mix. Fry on stove, until cooked through.

There you go. Simple as that.

Tomorrow is Jon and my 2 year wedding anniversary! We had a little party with family and friends today. Sarah and I made something AMAZING with these ingredients, any guesses what it is?

1 comments:

Nikkole said...

I know this is your Mom's recipe so it has sentimental value but you have to totally try something for me.

Take saltine crackers and mash them up into bread crumbs, add Parmesan cheese and lawyre's seasoning. Coat chicken in flour (helps eggs stick better for better coating of crumbs) then egg, then breading. Fry in some oil. Its TO die for. I don't know what it is about the saltine crackers being bread crumbs but it makes it salty and perfect. :) Just a recipe for you to give a try.

Btw, that's such a cute picture of you and Jesse cooking. Awe. Okay. long enough post. I'm done talking your ear off. ;)

Post a Comment