Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

I really really like granola bars.
I have this habit of eating them in my car, and getting crumbs everywhere. So bad I can hardly get them up.
When I was stumbling the other day, I came across a recipe for homemade granola bars.
I, of course, became very excited.
Homemade means better ingredients, and I could play around with additions. These granola bars could easily be changed to any other combination of fruit or nuts instead of chocolate chips.

Here are some ingredients!
Looks pretty easy, doesn't it?
Yup, it totally is.

So then, we mixed all that up, and pressed it into a 9x13 pan. GREASED. Don't forget the grease. I always do... such a mess.

Pretty dang tasty when I had to lick my fingers a little bit. 
Then they were baked, but they pretty much looked the same after that as before. 
Here's a cut up one. Mmm


So then, if you would like to make these awesome bars, here's how! 
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter
  • 5 tablespoons corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup toasted oat cereal rings
  • 2/3 cup wheat germ
In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, applesauce and vanilla extract.
In another bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chocolate chips, oat cereal, and wheat germ.
Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, mix until completely coated.
Press the mix into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for about 26 minutes at 350 degrees.



So, a sneak preview for tomorrow. Not the chicken enchiladas I mentioned the other day... no... something much more epic for my doctor who friends. Hint: it involves fish fingers and custard.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I come to your Dr. Who party can we have steak?

Anonymous said...

Oh, the granola bars look F A N T A S T I C ! !

Anonymous said...

The granola bars were F A N T A S T I C ! !

Jenn said...

I really like how you're labeling the amounts and what you're using while its in the bowl. :)

Post a Comment