Saturday, August 6, 2011

No Bake Cheesecake

I love cheesecake.
Just so you know.
Once upon a time, I got to go to the Cheesecake Factory. I had red velvet cheesecake. It was AMAZING.
So this weekend, we were coming to a friends house so they could beat me at some video games (really, it wasn't even a fair fight) and I thought, I should make a cheesecake!
but we didn't have much time, as we planned on going to a movie, and had to leave right after... and yeah. So I thought... no bake! It can chill while we're at the movie!

I set out finding a recipe. These shall be the ingredients
Yup.
I didn't have the 2 cups of whipping cream needed, so I googled, and the google God told me I could use 3/4 cup milk and 1/3 cup butter and it would do the same thing.

So I mixed up some crust
and it looked like this
Then, I melted some chocolate, and spread it on the crust, like this!
Then, the cheesecake mixture!
Finally more melted chocolate on top. Try not to fail like me.
Recipe:

  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips 
Also, if you don't have heavy cream: 3/4 cup milk and 1/3 cup butter. Mix it up. Equals 1 cup of heavy cream
Mix the graham crackers, the brown sugar, the cinnamon and butter until well mixed. Press into the bottom of a 10" springform pan.
Put it in the fridge while you create the cheesecake mixture. Take the 2 blocks of cream cheese and whip until creamy, add in the lemon and heavy whipping cream and mix well. Finally add in the sugar and mix well.
Finally, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, or on the stove.
Pour the melted chocolate over the crust and put it back in the fridge for awhile. I left it in there for about 20 minutes, while I took a shower.
Pour the cheesecake mixture over the chocolate and crust, and throw it back in the fridge until it's ready to be eaten.

Voila!
This tasted pretty ok. The crust was superb, the cheesecake part... not so much. I don't know... it needs work.

Here is a picture, though! I pulled off the top and ate the crust.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

well... that looks delicious!

Post a Comment